Concept Design | PREAPP Enquiry – Work Stage Actions
Receive Client instructions and carry out site appraisal
Advise the Client on CDM 2015 requirements
Create sketch studies to determine project feasibility
Agree initial brief, budget, key requirements and constraints.
Preparation of concept designs, including outline proposals for structural design and building services
Present and discuss concept designs with the Client and agree form to be taken forward to Pre-app
Prepare initial cost information for the Client and agree the final form of the Brief.
Why submit a PREAPP enquiry?
Submitting a PREAPP enquiry to the Local Authority has the following benefits:
- Receive a Planning Officer’s written opinion on whether planning approval is required
- Provide you with feedback on the design, massing, scale and layout of the proposed development
- Raise any issues which may prevent an approval being issued
- The pre-app process will confirm which Consultant reports are required to accompany the application
- The Pre-app process aims to speed up the formal decision process of a full application.